It is actually incredibly stressful to try to figure out who you are when you are barely old enough to vote. It's easy to think about cliche ideals, but what can I realistically do with myself? What can I do to make myself better while still being myself?
This brings me to my journal. I suck at keeping a daily journal, which is why this blog thing is so funny. I do type a lot faster than I write and I can start a blog and go back to it throughout the day, so it is somewhat easier than a diary. I do, however, still have a journal. I write down quotes, poems, lines from songs and movies.. things that I want to go back and think about later. I'm going to be posting a lot of them on here, starting today. Enjoy :)
"There comes a time in every life when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn to know the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying." - Sarah Dessen
"You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice." - Steven D. Woodhull
"Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don't give a damn what anyone thinks." - Grey's Anatomy
Just some food for thought today.
xoxo-
mts
No comments:
Post a Comment